Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tips from the Calendar- February

Part 2 in a 2011 Series of recycling tips courtesy of my dayplanner. I'm easily amused.

Tip of the Month: Buy energy certificates, and support the renewable energy market comprised of water, wind, and solar power.

Week 5: Wear vintage. Visit your local thrift store for cool duds. (*I'm all about this one. Who wants to come with me to Broad Ripple Vintage, Goodwill and Harloh's??)

Week 6: Place a "No Junk Mail" sticker on your mailbox.

Week 7: Train your grass to grown more deeply and require less water by mowing your lawn at the highest setting. (*Again, a tip for later in the year....when Indiana isn't buried in snow and ice).

Week 8: Wrap it up. Use old newspapers, magazines, and gift-wrap for presents. (*And WHAT A COINCIDENCE! My birthday is this week! Please feel free to wrap ANY of my wonderful gifts in recycled paper!)

No comments:

Post a Comment